LDAWC-FINANCIAL LITERACY VIRTUAL WORKSHOP – Pet Shop for 8-11 year olds
Financial Literacy can start at any age and is a skill that will benefit everyone. This FREE virtual session is meant for children aged 8-11.
About this Event
This workshop is designed to provide financial concepts in a way that is easy for kids to understand and owning (or wanting to own) a pet is something many can relate to. It will allow the participants to better understand the level of responsibility and commitment required of pet ownership. Additionally, unforeseen situations can occur when owning a pet and it’s important to be ready when they do.
Topics to be covered include:
· Owning a pet requires responsibility and commitment
· Needs and wants of humans and pets. How they are similar/different
· To understand how to purchase a pet and what is required to care for a pet
· Difference in cost between first year and later years
· Pet needs and responsibilities
Presented by Christine MacDonald, CPA, CA as part of the CPA Financial Literacy Volunteer Program. All funds raised from registration fees for this event stay with LDAWC and will be used to fund future programs and advocacy support.
A zoom link to the online event will be emailed prior to the event.
Register today! Spaces are limited.