READING ROCKS – one on one tutoring
EXECUTIVE SKILLS – small group learning to build skills in the following areas: Planning, Time Management, Organization, Task Initiation, Impulse Control, Sustained Attention, Working Memory, Self-Awareness, and Flexibility
SOCIAL SKILLS – Small group learning that assists in the development of social skills and social problem-solving strategies, while also promoting self-esteem and self-advocacy in a supportive environment
TYPING Keyboarding is one of the most important skills for students to learn. Our program is an effective way to learn and improve typing skills
SOAR – Transition to High School program
SOAR Sr – Transition to Post Secondary
Over the years, LDAWC has offered a range of programs including parent support groups, social skills groups for children and a wide range of educational and advocacy activities.
The association currently:
- Sponsors many events and workshops each year with guest speakers on issues related to learning disabilities and ADHD
- Supports parents in advocating for their child in IPRC or IEP meetings and IEP development
- Hosts a FREE annual family conference to provide information on relevant topics of interest to parents
- Provides a FREE literacy intervention program for children aged 6-12, called Reading Rocks. Learn more!
- Provides free information to caregivers of children with learning disabilities, and adults affected by learning disabilities
- Publishes informative blogs
- Is a member of the Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) of the Upper Grand District School Board and Waterloo Region District School Board to advise on best practices for teaching students with special needs.
- Provides a list of tutors and sources for assessment of LDs and ADHD
The best way to receive support and access our services is to contact us or email us at [email protected]
Book a presentation
You can book a presentation for your neighbourhood group, childcare facility, school council, staff meeting, or information fair.
Contact us at (519) 837-2050 or email us at [email protected]