Over the years, LDAWC has offered a range of programs including parent support groups, social skills groups for children and a wide range of educational and advocacy activities.
The association currently:
- Sponsors many events and workshops each year with guest speakers on issues related to learning disabilities and ADHD
- Supports parents in advocating for their child in IPRC or IEP meetings and IEP development
- Hosts a FREE annual family conference to provide information on relevant topics of interest to parents
- Provides a FREE literacy intervention program for children aged 6-12, called Reading Rocks. Learn more!
- Provides free information to caregivers of children with learning disabilities, and adults affected by learning disabilities
- Publishes monthly email newsletters
- Is a member of the Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) of both the Upper Grand District School Board and the Wellington Catholic District School Board to advise on best practices for teaching students with special needs.
- Provides a list of tutors and sources for assessment of LDs and ADHD
Book a presentation
You can book a presentation for your neighbourhood group, childcare facility, school council, staff meeting, or information fair.
Contact us at (519) 837-2050 or email us at email@example.com