Welcome to summer
We are very excited about our Summer partnership with the UGDSB! Through generous funding we are able to offer a Summer Session of our Reading Rocks program to students in grades 1-7 who currently are enrolled at a UGDSB school!
Over the years, LDAWC has offered a range of programs including parent support groups, social skills groups for children and a wide range of educational and advocacy activities.
The association currently:
- Sponsors many events and workshops each year with guest speakers on issues related to learning disabilities and ADHD
- Supports parents in advocating for their child in IPRC or IEP meetings and IEP development
- Hosts a FREE annual family conference to provide information on relevant topics of interest to parents
- Provides a FREE literacy intervention program for children aged 6-12, called Reading Rocks. Learn more!
- Provides free information to caregivers of children with learning disabilities, and adults affected by learning disabilities
- Publishes informative blogs
- Is a member of the Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) of the Upper Grand District School Board and Waterloo Region District School Board to advise on best practices for teaching students with special needs.
- Provides a list of tutors and sources for assessment of LDs and ADHD
Book a presentation
You can book a presentation for your neighbourhood group, childcare facility, school council, staff meeting, or information fair.
Contact us at (519) 837-2050 or email us at email@example.com