Over the years, LDAWC has offered a range of programs including parent support groups, social skills groups for children and a wide range of educational and advocacy activities.
The association currently:
- Sponsors many events and workshops each year with guest speakers on issues related to learning disabilities and ADHD
- Supports parents in advocating for their child in IPRC or IEP meetings and IEP development
- Hosts a FREE annual family conference to provide information on relevant topics of interest to parents
- Provides a FREE literacy intervention program for children aged 6-12, called Reading Rocks. Learn more!
- Provides free information to caregivers of children with learning disabilities, and adults affected by learning disabilities
- Publishes monthly email newsletters
- Is a member of the Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) of both the Upper Grand District School Board to advise on best practices for teaching students with special needs.
- Provides a list of tutors and sources for assessment of LDs and ADHD
Book a presentation
You can book a presentation for your neighbourhood group, childcare facility, school council, staff meeting, or information fair.
Contact us at (519) 837-2050 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org